“No meeting is expected to take place,” Xinhua news agency quoted Zarif as saying.
“The Americans are not honest,” he added.
On Friday, Majid Takht Ravanchi, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for European and American Affairs, also said he did not see “any reason” for talks with the US at the 73rd UN General Assembly meeting next month.
“What expectations could you have from a person who pulls out from international engagement and now says let’s hold talks,” Ravanchi said.
US President Donald Trump withdrew Washington from the 2015 Iranian nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, on May 8 and demanded renegotiation of the pact.
Since then, the Trump administration has slapped a number of sanctions on Iran while vowing to apply more.
Be First to Comment